Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Man's Best Friend..

I have recently thought about becoming more girly.  I don't know if its physically possibly after 21 years of life but I am pretty sure it is worth a shot.  I was reading my friend Leila's blog the other day and it was about how she thinks she is TOO girly, and I have to say for every point she made I felt the complete opposite.. so I started to worry a little.  Maybe it's the fact that I grew up around guys.  I have a younger brother and when I was young I spent countless days with him and my two male cousins.  So, maybe that's what "screwed" me up.  Or maybe it was my mother who is certainly not the most "girly" individual herself, although it seems that she is also making an attempt to be more girly recently.

I tend to refer to a lot of my guy friends as bros and dudes... and even some of my girl friends.  And, I have definitely referred to my ex boyfriend as "bro" and "dude" before.  I think he got used to it after a while though and wasn't really offended.  I guess there is a time and place for everything.  Probably fine as long as its outside the "sexual arena". ha.

My male friend once told me and I will quote him, "Kelcie, You might as well have a penis."  Enough said.

I find I encourage my male friends and sometimes my brother to "fuck" girls.  (Yeah don't worry.  It's not as weird as it sounds.  We might as well be brothers.  I think he looks at me like a brother.  And if you're a male and would tell your little brother to fuck girls then I am allowed to do it too.)  Probably not the most sisterly advice to give, but then again like I just said I don't really act like a "sister" in that regard.. more like a "brother".  Shouldn't I be saying, "Well, why don't you ask a lovely girl from your class who you are interested in getting to know on a date?  Get to know her.  Get to know what she likes, where she's from, what her goals for the future are." HA I would never say that in a million years.  Instead I'm like "yeah go get drunk, get laid, do your thing". Weird and certainly not the most "girly" advice.

A male friend recently texted me to tell me (and I will quote him) "I'm not a father :)"
I feel like a normal woman's response would be, "Well that's great news.  You weren't financially or emotionally ready for the responsibilities that go along with having a child.  How is the girl handling things?  Was she worried/freaking out? Is she okay?".   My response was "YAHHHHTTTZZZZEEEEE!".  (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfoVINW1HMk)
As if I have no regards for females at all, when I am in fact a female.  So what is wrong with me?

I have also discovered over my 21 years that I would much rather consume some good beer and wings than go anywhere "romantic" and have an actual dinner.  Although I thoroughly enjoyed my first date with my ex which was more "romantic", I found that what I enjoyed even more were when we would go out and just drink beer and get burgers.  Yeah, I guess I am a cheap date.

Also, I don't know anything about wine.  I mean I know that it can get me drunk and that I like.. YAHTZEE! But other than that I find myself offended when a host/hostess at a gathering offers all the men a beer and then says "Kelcie, Would you like a glass of wine?".  "Sure, fantastic. Thank you." is always my response, when in reality I am thinking "WHAT THE F$%&, GET ME A MOTHERF$#%IN BEER FOR GOD SAKES!!!!"  WAHHHHHH :(

Another thing.  Recently my friends and I went to Cheeburger Cheeburger.  And our waiter comes over.. seems like a nice guy.  He describes all the burgers then gives an in-depth description of the salads.  HELLLOOOOO I AM AT FUCKING CHEEBURGER.. it has BURGER in the title.  Does it look like I want a fucking salad? Um HELLOOO? "I will take this quarter pound burger with sauteed onions cheese cheese cheese bacon tomatoes lettuce.. No that is not all, don't move on to the next person!.. and I would like one of those big baskets of onion rings, yeah one of those. And, maybe hmm what kind of milkshakes do you have? Oh over 7,000 combinations of milkshakes!? Damn well I will certainly be getting one of those." I am sorry I know it was probably just his job to introduce the entire menu, but I saw a bunch of tall, football looking guys at a table across the restaurant.  Do you think the waiter really told them all about the different combinations of salads you could get?  Absolutely not! So, why me?

Another reason why I consider myself to be a "guy" is that I enjoy watching movies and television that involve a lot of blood, violence, cursing, and/or sex.  Okay I admit I occasionally watch Gossip Girl.  (It's my guilty pleasure..but shhh! don't tell anyone.)  My favorite shows are Criminal Minds, CSI, and Law and Order.  Blood.Blood.Blood.  If someone tells me I can pick a movie it is always going to be an action movie or a movie with a lot of sex.  I am sorry, I'm honest.  (And anything with Matt Damon that involves action/sex is even better.. okay I guess that makes me kind of girly.. but not the fact that I have watched the Bourne series probably like 20 times over... Gets me every time. Ah Jason Bourne.)

So my point is that I am a man's man.. or a man's girl.. or a girl that is like a man.. something of that nature.  I don't know that I will ever be girly, but I am recently discovering that I don't have to be.  This is the way I am and you know what I am okay with that.

That's the way the cookie crumbles my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment