Tuesday, April 19, 2011

My freshman year of college

My freshman year of college I was awkward.. Wait, Who am I kidding? I am still awkward.

Freshman year I met one of my very good friends Leila who I am still super close with today.  Her and I had a brilliant idea a couple of weeks into school.  We thought these two men on our freshman floor were really nice and figured we would ask them out on a date.  Hey, it would be a great way to get to know them, we thought. So we wrote a letter(yes a letter like in the old days) to Clim and Jay.  We told them how we would love to go out on a date with them! We also taped hershey kisses on their door in the shape of a "C" and a "J".  We slipped the note under the door.. so excited for our date.  We even planned out that it would be that Friday and we would go to Cafe Gelato because that was the nicest restaurant we knew that was in walking distance.

When they hadn't responded to our lovely handwritten note we figured they were probably just shy.  So I knocked on Clim and Jay's door and Clim opened it to see me standing their smile and wavinggg my arms around and he shoved the door in my face.  Hence.. the rejection....


That above is the rejection.. it sucked and hurt!
I have never quite gotten over that....So if you want to go out on a date now im A-V-A-I-L-A-B-L-E. ha.



Moving on to my second awkward experience freshman year.. My eyeball swelling up like a golf ball... yikes!! One morning I woke up and literally my eye was bright red and the size of a golfball like so..


Legitimately that is what it looked like.  My friend Leila came in to my room to make sure I was okay and couldn't even look at me. It was sad. And, even worse, the weekend after I had to go out with my glasses because I still couldn't wear my contacts.. Nerd? I think so.



And that's the way the cookie crumbles...

No comments:

Post a Comment