Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Why the weather man sucks..

I have such issues with the weather man and weather.com.  I really think everyone who is a meteorologist for that site posts information with the intentions of screwing with me.  It started my freshman year of college.  Since I lived in a dorm building that was from like the early 1900's (really it was 1969 ..I only remember that because its 69 and I am immature) the windows were small and the room was cluttered so it  was hard to look outside and see what the weather was like.  And, it was also to my disadvantage that our window faced the infamous train so I could not even look outside and see what other folks were wearing (which I do now).  So, due to the fact that I could not look outside to gauge the temperature I would resort to weather.com.

One day I checked the weather for Newark, DE. "46 degrees. Chance of precipitation=100%."  So here I go.. I got my jeans on.. my Delaware sweatshirt and my skull rainboots (yes, they're cool) .  I meet my friend Leila by her room so that we can walk to class together and I see that she is wearing a sundress. I laughed in my head.  "She is going to be sorry she did that.  She should've checked weather.com"  Boy, was I wrong.  We stepped outside.  No rain. Not even any clouds.  She had checked accuweather.com which told her it was 69 degrees and sunny.  God damn it.  So that day I was "that asshole" who rocked skull rainboots even though it was sunny.. hate people like that.

It happened again yesterday morning.  Weather.com indicated to me that it was sunny and in the 70's.  Perfect!  I had been waiting to break out my sundresses.  So, I got all dolled up (not really) in my short pink flowey sundress which was perfect for this "first taste of summer weather" occasion.  I left my house at 9am and began to walk to class.  Wait!  What is that?? A dark, massive cloud in the distance that is saying "HAHA yes Kelcie we are fucking with you".   Just at that moment, while I was cursing the cloud under my breath,  Mother Nature chose to fuck with me some more and sent a huge gust of wind my way proving that my decision to wear a short flowey pink dress was a bad choice.  And, of course it could not be at an off hour.  No it was 9am on a Tuesday and the road I live on is quite busy with traffic always so at 9am it is really bumping.  Pretty sure I flashed a mom and her child in a minivan.  yahtzee!

So my question to you weather.com is why are you SCREWING with me?? Tell me the truth please.  I don't like this little game you're playing anymore.  And, until you redeem yourself  I am going to use accuweather.com.  So there!  That's the way the cookie crumbles.

No comments:

Post a Comment