Sunday, April 10, 2011

Ode to Pita Pit, the love of my life.

My new obsession is Pita Pit.  Why?  I don't know.  And, for those of you who do not know it is a chain that serves delicious pitas with any kinds of goodies  you want.  My friends and I recently discovered that they are open late night after the bar, and ever since then I have found myself unable to resist the temptation of a good ol' chicken caesar pita and a philly cheesesteak pita.. because no, you can't just eat one pita.

Usually I do not get too upset with myself for going to Pita Pit after the bar, because usually it is something that my friends and I do together.  (Everything is better when you do it with friends :) ) However the other night I found myself in an awful place.... alone at Pita Pit with two pitas in front of me.  Pretty sure me, and my buddy, Russ (the guy who works there), were the only people there at that hour and, yes now I do know him by first name.  I can only imagine being in Russ' shoes standing behind the counter watching me devour not one but two pitas by myself at a table that is meant to seat four.  Where are my friends?  Oh yeah, that's right!  They are at the bar because it is only 12:13.. and normal people do not ditch their friends at 12:13 to go to Pita Pit by themselves.

So now I have a new goal in mind for next weekend.  KELCIE YOU WILL NOT DITCH YOUR FRIENDS FOR FOOD! I think I am probably going to have to write it on my hand on Thursday just so I do not forget that it is just simply not acceptable.

My friend Leila had friends visiting this weekend and her poor friends probably think I am insane because instead of socializing at the bar like a normal person I was propped up against the wall, hair in my face dreaming about the various kinds of fillings I could get in my pita...
Pita Pit, why do are you so promiscuous and tempting??.. all those delicious fillings, and Russ, my boy, who is always there ready to serve..providing me with excellent food and also cigarettes for my lonely walk home. You really need to stop because I just can't say no.

So now I am thinking that maybe I shouldn't bring my credit card out anymore because then I will have no way to purchase Pita Pit at the end of the night.. but knowing me and my ridiculousness I would probably just end up begging and/or threatening someone so that they buy me a chicken caesar pita...oh pita pit.

No comments:

Post a Comment